Full Job Description
GDM is an award-winning Architecture and Engineering firm with locations in Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii and Alaska. We are actively looking for a Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) to join our team. This self-motivated individual will work with firm executives to prepare/implement plans, and oversee the financial well being of our firm. Ideal candidates will have experience preparing design drawings and specifications packages for construction.
- Apply plumbing design principals and practices to the engineering field.
- Work with project managers to deliver complex designs.
- Perform quality control reviews of key deliverables.
- Apply state, local, and federal design requirements to federal projects.
- Perform site visits and document existing conditions.
- Develop detailed drawings and specifications packages for construction.
- Perform conceptual, layout, and detailed design tasks and coordinate design and construction activities.
- Exercise judgement and problem-solving skills to develop unique design solutions.
- Perform calculations and review work of drafters.
- Proactively advance workflows, systems and project timelines.
- Attend project meetings and assist team with resolving problems across key disciplines.
- Participate in cross-discipline project quality control reviews.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Existing professional registration or ability to obtain within 3-6 months
- 8+ years of mechanical/plumbing experience
- Proficient in Revit
- Experience with Sketch up, Adobe Suite, InDesign, and Navisworks
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Possess a strong work ethic and conduct operations with integrity
- Punctuality and occasional travel
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Paid time off – 6 weeks per year
- Retirement 401k – 3% contribution by employer
- Bonus pay up to $17,500 per year
Please send resume and cover letter to Adam Goddin, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org